secure, performant & fully supported Primavera planning environmenteuropean based multinational design, construction and maintenance organisation
Revenue: 12 bn
Operations: 14 countries
Synopsis: This Spanish company involved in the design, construction, financing, operation and maintenance of transport infrastructure and urban services. It has a Highway division, finances and operates toll roads, an Airport operation that has developed and produced airports in the UK. It also has a Construction business that designs and constructs public and private works such as roads, highways, airports and buildings.
This organisation was struggling to get a highly available and responsive installation of P6 EPPM on its site in the UK. It turned to HPS to:
- provide a secure hosted environment
- with 24/7 high availability
- manage the planning, scheduling and resources management activities
- provide business support services (how to)
- provide technical and upgrade services
There was little internal IT support to the team in the UK and so HPS got involved in supporting the business as we implemented and made changes to the Azure platform in order to make it as performant as possible.
There have, as at summer 2019, been only 3 incidents.
- Oracle Primavera software EPPM P6
- on an Microsoft Azure platform including
- Multiple data centres for fail-over
- Disaster Recovery
- Highly Secure environment
- with HPS Oak Tree support
As this customer has a flexible workforce we adopted a pragmatic approach to managing their requirement to flex the number of users while being continuously compliant from an Oracle licensing perspective. This saw us deploy both
- Oracle Primavera EPPM Term Licenses
- Oracle Primavera Perpetual Licenses
This client now has a performant and fit for purpose planning scheduling and resource management environment which is available 24/7.
It is cost effective and above all due to the daily checks performed by HPS has rarely been unavailable when required.