aconex puts major university project in a class by itselfUK based University
Revenue: 1.9 bn
Synopsis: The University of is a collegiate public research university in the United Kingdom. Founded in 1209 and granted a royal charter by King Henry III in 1231, it is the second-oldest university in the English-speaking world and the world’s fourth-oldest surviving university.
The 15-year master plan for the 150-hectare site includes 3,000 homes, 100,000 square meters of research space, 5,300 square meters of retail space, a senior living facility, a community center, a healthcare center, a primary school, child care facilities, a 130-room hotel, roads, a drainage system, and site infrastructure and landscaping. Challenges include:
- Complex, multi-faceted project with many parts.
- High public visibility.
- Effective management of bidding and tendering process for contractors.
- Processing of documents, communications and workflows according to uniform, coordinated procedures
The Oracle Aconex solution delivered a secure document management system. Custom workflows automate review and approval cycles, reducing complexity, improving data capture, and increasing control.
Aconex Field provided a platform for them to automate and standardize any inspection process and leverage real-time health and safety data to keep teams 100 percent accountable and demonstrate compliance with regulatory requirements.
Being able to control, monitor and manage such a complex set of requirements could be a risky affair, but using Oracle Aconex & P6 made this task far less risky. It also enabled
- Project collaboration between all project participants on a single, secure system.
- Real-time access, distribution, tracking, and archiving of files.
- Automated workflows for review and approval.
- Permanent audit trail.
- Streamlined communication processes.
- Proactive compliance with requirements.
- Reduced cost.
- Managed risk.