P6 & OPPM solve global well engineering performance management reportingInternational Gas Exploration - Well Engineering Management System & Asset Portfolio Management
Operations: 27 Countries
Synopsis: was a FTSE 100 British multinational oil and gas company, headquartered in the United Kingdom. HPS worked for the Global Well Engineering function.
A global leader in a gas exploration and production wanted to strengthen its market leading position with more proactive tracking and management of top quartile well performance, costs and HSSE statistics, whilst optimising schedules through the entire life cycle of an opportunity. They turned to Hyde Park Solutions and Oracle in order to achieve this goal.
To strengthen its dominant market position in a competitive marketplace, the following key questions had to be answered:
- How could the Well Engineering group collect, consolidate and analyse key data spread across a number of enterprise applications including; SAP, SharePoint, and Excel?
- How could an integrated well & rig scheduling and management solution be designed and integrated in to the enterprise?
- How would an integrated solution be deployed enterprise-wide across global operations in 27 countries world-wide?
- Could the complex 12-stage design, review and funding processes be automated and managed globally, including the automated workflow processes for functional review submittal, even in countries with no online access?
HPS was engaged to support the client who were choosing the software and the implementation partner concurrently. HPS and Oracle were chosen to deliver
- EPPM P6 to provide planning and scheduling functionality and,
- Oracle Primavera Portfolio Management (OPPM) to provide the platform for well data collection, performance and analysis.
The enterprise solution was developed, configure and delivered:
- to support Well Engineering’s function of recording, cost control and provision of drilling & completion performance information
- for tracking top quartile well performance and HSSE statistics and issues
- to enable an automated process for the effective management of the exploration life cycle including well and rig schedule and general well management information for each exploration opportunity
- to enable integrated support for Well Engineering’s group reporting requirement by producing asset-based and group-wide scorecards
- to enable an integrated approach to Well Project Management and Well Asset Portfolio Management
During implementation, we adopted a Train the Trainer approach for users. The client super user had been heavily involved throughout the design and configuration phases and was then able to train other users. HPS trained the IT and support function to be able to manage the solution going forward.
Hyde Park Solutions developed for the Well Engineering group an integrated Well Project Management and Well Asset Portfolio Management solution that Customer said
“Finally we had an enterprise system that enabled us to focus on decision making rather than wondering whose data was correct “
“An integrated and efficient management process enabled us to be better at managing our engineering assets generally and to offer a more proactive tracking and management of top quartile well performance, HSSE statistics and issues, while optimising well and rig schedules through the entire life cycle of an exploration opportunity”
“The interoperability between our high-level asset tracking system and project management is seamless which makes life much simpler”