HPS Familiarisation Tour
Whether you’re just starting out with a new Primavera system or you’ve upgraded an existing system to the latest version your top priority is to configure the software to suit the way you run your business, and to ensure your team can use it properly.
That’s why we specialise in a three (3) day interactive workshop built around PMI-accredited training materials created by Paul Harris, the highly respected author of the popular book Project Planning and Control using Oracle Primavera P6.
We feel that the traditional Oracle training courses, which are modularised and have to be generic, may not focus on your particular requirements. The HPS Familiarisation Workshop can be precisely tailored to suit your requirements providing a significantly more effective way to transfer knowledge and get you operational faster.
Within 3 days our experts will help you to get to grips with the way you want to use P6 PPM, in short a “fast track” to be operational.
Agenda For P6 PPM 3 Day Workshop
What Does P6 Do?
- Who is involved
- Planning Life Cycle
- What does P6 cover
- Security the Whole Picture
- How data relates to each other in P6
- P6 PPM centralised database
- Technical Infrastructure
Setting Up and Managing the P6 System – What is Required
- P6 Professional
- Setting Up and Managing the P6 System
- P6 Administration
- Understanding Roles and Resources
- Creating Roles and Resources
- Understanding Resource Calculations
Creating a Project
- Understanding Your Project
- Techniques that can be used to develop a project schedule
- Information Required
- Decisions to be made at Project Creation
- Creating a Project in P6
- Activity Types
- Duration Type
- Percent Complete Types
- Adding Activities
- Constraint Types
- Adding Relationships
Scheduling a Project
- Scheduling Your Project
- Activity Lifecycle
- Understanding Dates
- Scheduling Options
Resourcing a Project
- Assigning Resources
- Understanding Resource Calculations & Terminology
- Resource Levelling
Updating a Project
- Why Monitor & Control a Project?
- When to Update a Project Schedule?
- Information Required to Update a Project Schedule
- Current Schedule and Baseline Comparison
- Store Period Performance
- Resource Levelling
- Reflection Projects
- Update a Baseline
- Earned Value in P6
P6 Professional and what it can look like
- Logging In
- What does P6 Professional look like?
- Standard P6 Professional Reports
- Formatting Layouts
- Progress Line, Audit Trail Columns, and Line Numbers
- Group and Sort
- Copying and Pasting into Excel
- Primavera File Types
- Global Change
- Check in/Check Out