OPPM provides SVO Portfolio and enables investment prioritisationeuropean based global chemicals conglomerate
Revenue: 119 bn
Operations: 50 Countries
Synopsis: This customer is a Norwegian chemical company. Its largest business area is the production of nitrogen fertilizer, however it also encompasses the production of nitrates, ammonia, urea and other nitrogen-based chemicals.
As a global innovator and leader this organisation has to manage a large investment portfolio and realised that Microsoft Excel was not the best tool to do so moving forward. They had previously had a number of attempts to implement a home grown solution which had worked for a while but they now needed a “commercial off the shelf software” (COTS) product from a reputable provider. SAP, Microsoft and Oracle were invited to participate.
Their requirements included:
- implementing an investment portfolio management solution across all aspects of the business (production, research, innovation and IT) globally
- integrating financials from SAP
- integrating project data from various internal planning systems
- integrating project data from various internal resource systems
- COTS product so someone else would deal with product support and ongoing best practice development
Oracle asked HPS to support their bid with the client. HPS and Oracle won the procurement process were chosen to deliver
- an investment portfolio management solution – initially for IT
- an integration between this client’s EPPM P6 environment to provide planning, scheduling and resource management data in the portfolio tool for in-flight investment analysis
The enterprise solution was developed, configured and delivered:
- Oracle Primavera Portfolio Management (OPPM) to provide the investment portfolio management solution – initially for IT
- we integrated this client’s EPPM P6 environment to provide planning, scheduling and resource management data in the portfolio tool for in-flight investment analysis
- later we delivered an integration to SAP for live financial data
- the global roll out is ongoing
During implementation, we adopted a Train the Trainer approach for users. The client super user had been heavily involved throughout the design and configuration phases and was then able to train other users.
HPS trained the IT and out-sourced support function to be able to manage the solution going forward. HPS was retained and still is today on a ITIL based support agreement with SLA’s.
Hyde Park Solutions delivered
- a COTS product
- that managed Investment Portfolio Management that included
- set and manage organisation strategic objectives
- initiatives capture and management
- investment prioritisation and selection
- implementation capability can we resource and plan te required change
- review investment Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Scenario planning
- Integrated planning and resource management.
- ITIL based Support agreement